Sunday, 10 June 2012

"Nothing left to say"

At many points during this blogging career of sorts, I've thought this and planned on abandoning the blog entirely - at one point I even tried putting it to another use. I never really could thanks to heartfelt memories, but that's been pretty much the only thing given the anhedonia, the concentration issues and the avolition. I'll go into them on my other blog.

But when this thought appears to rear its ugly head every once in a while, it always is vanquished soundly by a new surge of posting. Am I scraping the barrel with those new posts? No. The inspiration comes, and I write. I don't feel I'm repeating myself though maybe I am, and I'm probably repeating what others have said, but what it all comes down to is that I just don't care. I don't care about these things. This is writing practice. This is a link to like-minded people. And moreover, this is a constant reminder of the truth of reality, no matter how biting it may be, so lest my loins feel the urge to spring forth a portion of a new generation, I can correct myself and remember that I have no right to fool around with the lives of others.

I have probably not covered anything useful in my blog. It probably won't be of much use to you. I still don't care. And should you decide upon creating something of your own, or are already in the process, you shouldn't care either. Blog because it makes you feel connected, and blog because antinatalism has saved you from making the worst mistake of your life (or, not making the same mistake again, at least). Blog most of all, because other people, or at least I, will look forward to seeing your next blog post. You don't even have to add anything meaningful. Saying something as simply as: "I don't like the world. Could you give me all your reasons for not liking it?" and waiting for comments should give you pleasure and others pleasure in the same way.

So I'll try not to kick myself too much when I'm down and considering the ultimate end to my blogging voyage. There is always one more post you can squeeze out, is what the point of this is, anyway.

If you've noticed a warmth returning to my prose, it's probably a moodswing, or it could be something better! Who knows. Who cares. I'll discuss that on the other blog in due time, by the way. 

3 comments:

  1. I've had my blog for six years, so I've been through that many times. Don't worry about it, just keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you're feeling a little better, if only for the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the title of this post. It's been my very big problem.

    But still you write. Good.

    ReplyDelete