Monday, 18 July 2011

My blog! I have neglected thee!

Things have been stressful what with getting the dog and such, so I'm sorry if I haven't been as regular as I normally am on this blog. The problem topic of today is: Blog-posting. And how the hell you keep it regularly on the topic of antinatalism, when most points, if not all points, have been made already. The few things I imagine one could instead do,owing to the bulk of information available already along with the futility of repetition and repetition etc. of things said by others, are as follows:
                  (i) Report on the news, comment from an antinatalist/pessimistic perspective.
                  (ii) Try to scour for the last few remaining points that can be scraped out of the proverbial antinatalist bowl
                  (iii) Review works that are in some way relate to antinatalism/pessimism
                  (iv) Write about completely different topics
I think over the course of this blog's history, I've been doing a little of (iii), but mostly (ii). What I'm wondering now is whether the market is completely saturated with regards to (i), and whether anyone will respect me if I suddenly veer off into other topics - (iv). But still, I am guessing that quality is probably better than quantity in most people's eyes - besides, if you keep writing, eventually you will have both quantity and quality, regardless of how long it takes you to rustle up another post.Though, to be completely honest I really have no idea what I'm going to do with this blog after this post. I simply do not believe myself to have sufficient material to continue with what I was doing. The past, though, has proven me wrong on occasion, and moments of inspiration do come, sometimes. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Until then, I bid you adieu!

5 comments:

  1. I for one would of course respect you if you were to end up doing (iv). You are an interesting person, estnihil, more interesting possibly than you even realize, and I would be happy to go on reading what you have to say on topics beyond antinatalism.

    Beyond that, I have always tried encourage writing. I do not know if you're like me in the relevant respect, but I have always found writing to be an excellent palliative for the miseries of existence, more effective than alcohol and probably with less liver damage. (Result: I once kept a journal that ran to over a million words, some of which are now being extracted, cleaned up, and put to use over at diabasis.) As the old internet saw goes, your mileage may vary, but at the same time, if you just write what you want, you might surprise yourself, and the rest of us as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a journal as well James! Mostly on my personal psychology, and my general malaise, but it's a good idea to start extracting things from it. Thanks very much for the affirmation, I think I may have been a tad too pessimistic here (one can never be too pessimistc though, I reckon), so I probably will try (iv) once I've completely exhausted my other options. For me, writing isn't quite the intoxicant you describe, I like it, but I like the outcome from it more than the process of actually writing things. But rest assured, I'll carry on when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with James - write more. I'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Estnihil, (i) isn't really abundant afaik! Besides, we're all so defenselessly slammed with news in the pro-natalistic perspective, that we can't get enough of news in an antinatalistic/pessimistic perspective!

    No, keeping on telling that our governments suck isn't pessimism. Environmental activists ALWAYS like to see a ray of hope and highlight it. And besides, they think that life in a good environment will be good.

    ReplyDelete